To receive Maroon Alert text messages on your cell phone, you must provide your cell phone number to the MyBanner system. The procedure is as follows:
- Log in to myState, https://my.msstate.edu
- Click on Personal Information.
- Click on Update Maroon Alert Information.
- Select "I want to receive Maroon Alert text messages."
- Enter your cell phone number in the Maroon Alert cell phone number field.
- Click on Update/Verify Maroon Alert Information to save this information.
The cell phone number that you entered will be used for text message notifications in the event of a campus emergency, as well as periodic tests of the Maroon Alert system. It will not be published in the campus directory. Notification will be based upon best effort. Successful delivery of all messages cannot be guaranteed.