Current Status: Normal
We are currently operating under normal conditions. If you need to report an on-campus emergency, call 911.
Should an emergency occur in the future, information specific to it will be posted here.
After-Hours and Holiday Numbers
|Computer or Phone System Problems:||662-325-0631|
|Guest and Holiday Campus Housing:||662-418-2992|
|Facilities Management (Physical Plant):||662-325-2005|
|Student Health Center:||662-325-2431|
To report an on-campus emergency, dial 911 or 662-325-2121
The Maroon Alert System
- Emergency status on this web page
- Instant messaging (students and employees)
- Text messaging on your cell phone (students and employees)
- Official MSU e-mail address (students and employees)
- Twitter (anyone)
- Our Facebook page (anyone)
- Campus radio station WMSV, which has a live feed on their web site. In an emergency they would have a live announcer 24 hours a day.
- The HOT LINE 662-325-5555 (activated only during emergency)
Mississippi State University's main campus is located in a rural, low crime area. Serious emergencies happen rarely and are usually weather related—ice storms and wind events. However, a catastrophic emergency could happen anywhere, any time and Mississippi State has an emergency operations policy to address such cases as well as less serious emergencies.
MSU has its own nationally accredited police department. Fire/Rescue service to the campus is provided through contract with the Starkville Fire Department. Ambulance and emergency medical service is provided throughout the county by Oktibbeha County Hospital. The Starkville Police Department and the Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office support our police department for special events requiring extra manpower. The Oktibbeha County Chapter of the American Red Cross stands ready to assist with mass feeding and sheltering.