Building Evacuation Guidelines
- Try to remain with your class/group as you evacuate.
- Avoid using elevators, if possible.
- Proceed to an outside meeting area, at least 500’ from the building(s).
- Once at the meeting area:
- Determine if everyone made it out safely
- Report any important details (missing students, causes, injuries) to University Police
- Stay clear of emergency vehicles
- Everyone should stay in the meeting area until instructed by authorities.
- Do not activate a fire alarm unless there is actually a fire.