Severe Weather / Tornado
The university continuously monitors weather conditions. Stay informed about current conditions:
- Watch – A watch means that conditions are favorable for severe weather or tornados to develop. Monitor conditions and be ready to take action.
- Warning – A warning means that severe weather or tornados have been identified by radar or by spotters. Immediate action is necessary.
If a warning is issued:
- Follow your building’s severe weather / tornado response plan.
- Move to a room with few or small windows and on the lowest level.
- Assist others, as needed.
- Laboratories should be secured. Turn off gas burners and other equipment that could cause additional hazards.
- Do not attempt to drive during dangerous conditions. Move to a safe building and follow the instructions above.