Preparedness tips for students, faculty, & staff
- Stay Informed.
- Sign up for Maroon Alert
- Monitor conditions and stay aware of hazards.
- Develop a communication plan
- Have a plan for communicating with your friends & family.
- Plans should include ways of communicating if phone lines are unavailable.
- Have an Emergency Kit. More details may be found at: https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit or watch this video with instructions for getting started: https://twitter.com/maroonalert/status/1235270985168773120
- Have a plan to act
- Have maps of the area and know your way around.
- Never let your fuel tank drop below ¼.
- Develop a destination to reunite with friends or family.
- Keep your phone charged.
- Get trained! The university offers training for various types of emergencies.
Preparedness tips for parents, families, and friends
- Register for Maroon Alerts by texting MAROONALERT to 888777. Also, follow the Twitter feed: @maroonalert.
- Work with your student to develop a communication plan.
- Have a plan for reuniting if he/she had to leave campus.
- Please do not try to enter campus during an emergency. This may interfere with emergency responders.